Oracle Takes Portal Software For $220M
By: David Utter
Oracle announced it will acquire Portal Systems, Inc, a global provider of billing and revenue management solutions for the communications and media industry.
For Oracle (ORCL), the purchase of Portal Systems (PRSF.PK) provides a complete package to offer clients in the communication industry.
"We supply technology and applications to over 90% of communications companies worldwide today, and billing is a logical and complementary addition for those customers," said Oracle's President Charles Phillips.
The move places Oracle in position to benefit from the explosion of channels where content providers deliver their products to consumers. Using Portal's products, Oracle can bill and manage all communications services including wireline, wireless, broadband, cable, voice over IP, IPTV, music, and video.
Phillips also listed advantages of the purchase to Portal's customers in a letter today. He cited benefits to communications service providers to demonstrate how the approximately $220 million deal will impact them, summarized here:
• Advanced insight and care of customers: Maximizes the joining of billing data with subscriber profile and other data for a real-time 360-degree view of the customer. This maximizes subscriber lifetime value and increases service profitability with targeted cross/up-selling.
• Improved revenue management: Customers can now avoid revenue leakage across end-to-end transactions and increase visibility and auditability of key business processes.
• Speeds time to market of new services and dramatically lowers costs: Lengthy and manually intensive product, price, and bundle management can be streamlined and automated.
• Backed by a single global vendor: Customers will benefit from Oracle's global 24x7 distribution and support network.
• Protection of investments: Customers' investments in Portal applications are planned to be supported and protected by Oracle as the billing and revenue management standard for the combined companies.
Tags: Oracle, Portal Systems
|Titan Quest Forum||Nintendo Wii||Graphics Forum|
|Halo 3 Forum||Mac Software|
is an iEntry, Inc. ® publication
All Rights Reserved.